The Midwife teamwork with the doctors to provide care and advice to all pregnant women. They are available to give advice on your options for antenatal care, where you can give birth (including at home) and how best to look after yourself and your partner when trying for a baby and during pregnancy.
You will need a Booking Appointment with the midwives when you are 8 – 11 weeks pregnant.
The New pregnancy information sheet will provide all the details you need. Pleaseclick here to view a copy
The Health Visitors
- Health in pregnancy
- Postnatal care
- Child development and behaviour management
- Childhood immunisations
- All aspects of child health & infections
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle
- Providing advice and support to meet the needs of older people
- Help you to assess your health needs
- Providing information about services and agencies
- Offering services to meet Patients’ Charter
- Offering support and information to the bereaved
If you wish to meet with a Health Visitor then they hold a weekly drop-in clinic at Hanham Methodist Church, Tuesday afternoons 1.30pm – 3.15pm.